After giving Switch owners a sampling of Splatoon 2 during the Global Testfire, Nintendo announced that they plan to showcase the online shooter at this year’s E3 with an exhibition tournament.
The company did not share any other details regarding the tournament, but they plan to reveal more as we get closer to E3, which takes place from June 13 to June 16.
Splatoon 2 will launch on July 21.
Source: @NintendoAmericaStevenNo comments
Rainway is a program currently in development by Andrew Sampson, the creator of Borderless Gaming, that will allow users to remotely play their PC games on any device via web browser or the dedicated Rainway app.
Among the supported platforms announced is the Switch. Sampson recently revealed on reddit that the app will be available to download in the eShop.
No release date has been announced, but registration is available for the beta test, which is expected to launch on May 5.No comments
実は全世界で70万本(！)も売れていたと最近知りました & フェアリーズエフェクトも大好調。
— ブレイブリーセカンド (@BDFF_OFFICIAL) April 22, 2017
On the two-year anniversary of the launch of Bravely Second: End Layer, the series’ official Twitter account confirmed that total sales for the 3DS RPG have surpassed 700,000 units worldwide and thanked fans with art of The Three Cavaliers.
The game still has a ways to go before it can catch up to the sales of its predecessor Bravely Default, which managed to sell more than one million units worldwide.
Square Enix has not announced a new game in the Bravely series, but the team that worked on the games are working on Project Octopath Traveller for the Switch.No comments
Making good on their promise to provide continued support for Super Bomberman R, Konami released update 1.3 today, which makes several significant improvements like a better frame rate, the ability to adjust the camera in Story Mode and lag reduction in Online Battle.
GameXplain took a quick look at the game and did a side-by-side comparison with the pre- and post-update versions to highlight the improved frame rate.
The full changelog from the game’s official site:
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, Lizardcube’s remake of the 1989 Master System’s Wonder Boy III, is out on the Switch this week.
It should be perfectly fine to purchase in the U.S., unlike a certain chocolate treat that was only a choking hazard to dumb people who don’t pay attention to things or notice when something inedible is in their mouth.No comments
Beginning April 25, customers at participating McDonald’s restaurants across the U.S. can enter for a chance to win one of 100 Nintendo Switch and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles.
To enter, participants must scan and purchase an offer using the official McDonald’s app. An additional entry can be earned by buying a Happy Meal or Mighty Kids Meal and scanning the Happy Meal Sweepstakes offer in the app.
No purchase is necessary. Full instructions on how to enter without a purchase are available on the official sweepstakes site.
Send an email to email@example.com and put only the numerical date on which you are submitting the email in the subject line (mm/dd/yy), then put your first/last name in the email to receive 2 Entries, rec’d by 5/22/17 at 11:59:59 p.m. Limit 1 Entry transaction/day to receive 1 or 2 Entries.
The contest will end on May 22.No comments
Good Smile Company is now taking reservations for a new Samus figma modeled after her appearance in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
The figure is noticeably more bulky than the sleek-looking Metroid: Other M incarnation Good Smile released a few years ago. She also stands approximately 10 mm taller and makes use of some translucent parts for her hands and visor.
Unfortunately, she also costs considerably more than the old one. Where Other M Samus went for ¥3,619 (≈$33), Prime 3 Samus will cost ¥7,222 (≈$67) before taxes.
Source: Good Smile CompanyStevenNo comments
Nintendo rolled out a new update today for the Switch, bringing the system up to version 2.2.0.
The official update notes are, once again, very vague when it comes to specifying the actual changes made, only listing the following:
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.