The latest firmware update for the 3DS is now out and it actually does more than improve “system stability.”
Once updated, users will notice they now have the ability to use the eShop’s “Download Later” option without first having to close the app. In addition to that, they will also be able to use the Save Data Transfer Tool to move save data from a retail version of a game to a downloadable version of the same game.
Full update notes are posted after the break.
(If the update fails and you are unable to access the Nintendo eShop or System Settings, please click here for assistance.)
Nintendo eShop improvements*
- Users will no longer need to close the Nintendo eShop application to ensure the “Download Later” feature works while the Nintendo 3DS is in Sleep Mode.
- Other improvements to usability have been made, including the ability to download software update data in the background.
Support for the Save Data Transfer Tool
- Click here for an overview of the Save Data Transfer Tool.
Improvements to system stability and usability
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
- *System menu versions 5.0.0-0U through 5.0.0-10U do not include these improvements.
- The following, which were included within previous system updates, are not included with system menu versions 5.0.0-0U through 5.0.0-4U:
- New features for the Nintendo 3DS Camera
- New content for StreetPass Mii Plaza
- System Transfer between two Nintendo 3DS systems
- The following, which were included within previous system updates, are not included with system menu versions 5.0.0-0U through 5.0.0-1U:
- Addition of Internet Browser
- Addition of Nintendo eShop
- System Transfer from a Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL system
Leave a comment