[Image: Sonic Colors]
An anonymous source speaking to Sonic news site TSSZ News shared some details on Sonic Dimensions, a spiritual sequel to Sonic Colors that is reportedly in the works for the Wii U.
According to the source, most of the staff from Colors is working on Dimensions. The big news, however, is that Nintendo is involved with the project, assisting in level design.
More leaked details:
- “More surreal” levels like the ones seen in Colors.
- Graphically on par with Sonic Generations.
- Dimensions’ story revolves around Sonic and everyone else being split into multiple personalities.
- Each of Sonic’s personalities has a different color and special ability.
- Blue Sonic is the “core,” working to reunite the other Sonics.
- Red Sonic can cause explosions to open up new areas.
- Purple can float and create platforms.
- Yellow can move really fast but is very frail.
- Orange is very slow but can move faster after being powered up.
- Green Sonic was mentioned but his abilities were not revealed.
- Dying enough times in a level makes the Super Guide-like White Sonic appear.
- Using White Sonic automatically gives you the lowest rank when you beat a stage.
- Rival battles will pit Sonic against evil versions of friends like Amy Rose.
- There will be some 2D gameplay, reminiscent of classic Sonic games.
- Dimensions will make use of the Wii U controller’s capabilities.
- There will be four person multiplayer.
Source: TSSZ NewsStevenNo comments