Making good on their promise to provide continued support for Super Bomberman R, Konami released update 1.3 today, which makes several significant improvements like a better frame rate, the ability to adjust the camera in Story Mode and lag reduction in Online Battle.
GameXplain took a quick look at the game and did a side-by-side comparison with the pre- and post-update versions to highlight the improved frame rate.
The full changelog from the game’s official site:
- Four new VS stages have been added to the shop (White Cross, Lagoon, Max Speed, Power Zone).
- Two new series of accessories have been added to the shop (Crowns, Bombs).
- The frame rate of the entire game has been improved. We also made slight adjustments and improved the controls as well.
- Less lags are likelier to happen when every participant in the Online Battle have good network connection.
(If you want to find opponents with good connection, set Other > Basic Settings > Network Settings to the very left.)
- Made it possible to press L/R to change the inclination of he map in the Story Mode. Other > Basing Settings will also allow you to fix the camera position as well.
- You can now choose the strength of the COM on the Multiplayer Battle Mode.
- The strength of the Five Dastardly Bombers on the Story Mode have been adjusted.
- The difficulties of Beginner and Normal have been reduced, making it easier to beat them.
- Adjusted the heights and slopes on some maps to improve the visibility.
- If you continue a certain number of times in the Story Mode, you will be able to continue without paying anymore gems.
- Changed the BP (Battle Point) increase/decrease rate for the League Battle.
- Fixed other various small bugs.
Nintendo rolled out a new update today for the Switch, bringing the system up to version 2.2.0.
The official update notes are, once again, very vague when it comes to specifying the actual changes made, only listing the following:
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
The latest update for Fire Emblem Heroes is out now and brings the mobile game up to version 1.2.0.
The game’s iTunes page lists some of the changes players can expect to see:
- Maximum stamina raised from 50 to 99
- Added feature that allows you to swap the positions of Heroes at the start of battle
- Adjusted the amount of EXP gained in battle. Heroes with lower rarities (in stars) will receive more EXP from battle
- Adjusted matchmaking conditions in the Arena and made adjustments to how score is calculated after victory
- Added new features and bug fixes
Another big addition are Hero Merits, points heroes earn in battle that can be used to receive Hero Feathers. Players will get 500 Hero Feathers for every 500 Hero Merits earned. There is a limit of 2,000 Hero Merits per Hero and duplicate heroes are treated by the game as one hero.No comments
The Switch version of I Am Setsuna will get an exclusive update this Thursday which will add the “Temporal Battle Arena,” a post-game area where players can fight other players by uploading their battle data and downloading the party data of others. By defeating other parties, players will be able to earn items belonging to their opponents.
Source: YouTubeNo comments
As part of a recent round of fixes for Shovel Knight on the Switch, the developers at Yacht Club Games also patched in support for 1080p output while the system is docked.
The full 3.0A update changes are as follows:
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Crash when defeating the final boss with a German language setting.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Fixed a bug that allowed Specter Knight to Judgment Rush to unintended locations during certain scenes.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Horace sometimes rewarding the wrong gold amount when reaching the tower’s top.
- Fix: Support for Player 2’s controller within calibrate screen prompts.
- Fix: Delete All now resets screen scale and brightness settings.
- Fix: Shovel of Hope: Various bug fixes for co-op.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Broken camera transition when falling into a certain death pit within “event 2”.
- Various localization and text improvements.
- Change (Shovel/Plague): The wandering encounter Reize will no longer cross over into the second tier of stages if the game time is below 25 minutes…
- Now outputs at a 1080p resolution while playing in docked mode!
- Screen Scale video option is only applied and available while playing in docked mode.
- Screen Scale menu now appears for the first time that the game is started while in TV mode.
- Note: If your TV is not displaying the game’s full image we recommend adjusting your TV Settings from the System Settings menu — this way you’re set for all games in the future! Learn how to do so here.
- Fix: Screen Scale / Brightness options not saving.
Source: Yacht Club GamesNo comments
The patch designed to address control issues in Super Bomberman R is now live. Switch owners can access the update by pressing the + or – buttons while highlighting the game on the Home menu, then choosing the “Software Update” option.
Konami also posted the official update notes on the game’s website:
You can now select the Room Type when you create a room to host an Online Free Battle.
By choosing “Room Number”, only players who know the room number can join.
Adjustments have been made to improve the controls.
– Adjustments have been made to reduce the input latency.
– Controls are now more precise to reduce the unintentional direction changes.
– Character speed has been adjusted so players can make quicker and more agile moves
– The characters are now behaving more naturally when in front of a pillar or a block.
– Making a turn while running along a block or a pillar is now easier.
– A kicked bomb can be stopped more precisely.
Control parameters have been improved in order to reduce the lag when playing online.
– Fixed a bug that made the game ignore some button inputs when packet loss occurs.
– The lag felt when planting a bomb has been reduced
– Sudden direction changes are easier to make.
Fixed minor bugs
To further reduce the chances of poor controller performance, Konami recommends not playing with a Joy-Con in each hand, and instead playing with a single, horizontal Joy-Con, a Switch Pro Controller or with the Joy-Cons connected in handheld mode.
Source: Super Bomberman R Official SiteNo comments
The latest update to Pokémon GO lets players finally select multiple Pokémon at one time to transfer to Professor Willow in exchange for stat-increasing Candy. To do this, players just need to press and hold on the Pokémon they wish to select.
Other changes in the new update include:
- Pokémon type icons have been added to the Gym battle approach and Gym battle screen.
- The total Candy count for your Buddy Pokémon has been added to the buddy information screen.
- The total kilometers a buddy has walked has been added to the information screen of each Pokémon that has ever been your buddy.
- Minor text fixes.
In a separate announcement, developer Niantic also teased the reveal of info on more Pokémon coming to Pokémon GO. They suggest that people “keep an eye out on our social media channels” on December 12.No comments
The updated Nearby Pokémon feature in Pokémon GO will soon be available in the rest of the continental United States and “large parts of Europe,” the game’s developers Niantic recently announced.
Niantic will be monitoring player feedback and making changes as they see fit.
Source: Pokemongolive.comNo comments
To celebrate the launch of the big customization update for Miitomo, Nintendo is giving away several free items to encourage users to try out some of the mobile communication app’s new features.
- Wallpaper and Flooring sets:
- Until December 8:
- Splatoon set – Log in to Miitomo daily for two and three days
- Until January 12:
- Super Mario Bros. set – Send and receive one direct message
- Metroid set – Send and receive a second direct message
- Legend of Zelda set – Post an answer and give a heart to someone else’s answer in the Answer Central section
- Until December 8:
- Until December 8:
- Fire Mario cap and suit – Log in to Miitomo daily for six and seven days
- Until January 13:
- Mario and Luigi caps and suits – Log in to Miitomo once
- Until December 8:
The Splatoon, Legend of Zelda and Metroid collaboration items are also coming back to Miitomo Drop, the Miitomo Shop and My Nintendo for a limited time.
Source: Miitomo.comNo comments
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) November 8, 2016
To celebrate the addition of daily bonuses in Pokémon GO, for a limited time, the developers at Niantic are upping the amount of items players can receive from PokéStops and making it so more Pokémon show up in the wild.
The boosted rates will be in effect from November 7 to November 11.
Earlier this week, Niantic announced they are currently testing a new variation of the in-app Nearby Pokémon tracker in more areas, including Arizona, Seattle and the San Francisco Bay Area. The developers plan to take in user feedback to adjust the feature before possibly rolling it out in more regions.No comments